CONTROLLER OF YOUR DATA
The Indian company, thebutterflies.in (“The Butterflies”), is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE GATHER
We at The Butterflies recognise your right to confidentiality and are committed to protecting your privacy. The Butterflies does not furnish any identifiable information at the individual level regarding its customers to any third party. The information you give to us is held with the utmost care and security. This information is collected primarily to ensure that we are able to fulfill your requirements and to deliver you a truly personalized shopping experience. We may directly collect analytics data or use third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service.
When navigating our web site, personal information about you is not collected automatically or without your knowledge.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We will always process your e-mail address and password that you submit to us when you sign up for thebutterflies.in account. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customized future shopping for you, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses thebutterflies.in or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of thebutterflies.in on other web sites. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
USE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at thebutterflies.in in following manner:
- We use the information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
- We will use the information to provide you with your order history, details around your orders and enable you to handle your account settings. We will also provide you with easy ways to maintain accurate and updated information such as contact details and payment information.
- We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you and communicating with you.
- We may use the information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- Furthermore, we will enable you to save items in your shopping bag, offer you size recommendations and enable you to rate and review the products you’ve purchased from us. In order to provide you with relevant product recommendations, The Butterflies will process your navigation and browsing on our digital platforms, your shopping history, and product reviews as well as the data you submitted to us through your account.
- We are also bound to cooperate fully should a situation arise where we are required by law or legal process to provide information about a customer. We may share non-personal, non-individual statistical or demographic information in aggregate form with our marketing partners, advertisers. In other words, we will not tell our marketing partners that you purchased a specific product, but we may tell them how many customers purchased that product.
LEGAL GROUND TO PROCESS DATA
Processing your personal data is necessary for us to fulfill the service of managing and delivering the order to you. The processing of your personal data for your account is based on your consent when you create your The Butterflies account.
The processing of your personal data provide you with relevant product information is based on our legitimate interest.
DURATION FOR WHICH DATA IS SAVED
We will keep your data for as long as you have an active The Butterflies account. You have the right to terminate your account at any time, if you choose to do so your account will cease to exist and you will be considered inactive. We will keep your personal data if there are any legal requirements and if there is an open dispute.
‘Cookies’ are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as Recommended for you, personalized advertisements on other web sites, etc to collect and/or store information about you. A cookie file cannot be executed as a code or deliver virus.
Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to identify you in case you have visited us earlier and to store items in your shopping cart between visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, without a cookie, you will not be able to use most of the features in our website, including placing items in your shopping cart and purchasing them as our system is completely cookie dependent and you must receive ALL cookies to order from our online store. (Important: the information is only taken from what you have typed into the online forms and not from your Hard Disk).
Note that these files in no way allow us to access your hard drive at any time; it only allows your system to tell us that you have previously visited our site.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
When you place an order for a product, we offer the use of a secure server. The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts all the information you input before it is sent to us. This prevents your personal data from being interpreted even if hacked while submitting it to our server. At the time of submitting your Credit Card details you will be redirected to a Highly Secure Payment server where The Butterflies or its associates have no access to your information. We at The Butterflies see to that your privacy is maintained at all time during your time of shopping at our e-Store. We will not disclose any sort of personally identifiable information except when you give us requisite permission or under special circumstances such as when the law requires it.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we at The Butterflies, are not in business of selling it to others. Your data may be shared within The Butterflies. We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the The Butterflies without your consent. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
As a The Butterflies customer, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent from the processing of your personal data at any time. When you do so your account will cease to exist and The Butterflies will not be able to provide you with our services.
- You also have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on The Butterflies’s legitimate interest by contacting us. Your account will then be deleted and we will not be able to carry out our services to you.
- You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
USE OF THEBUTTERFLIES.IN BY CHILDREN
Use of thebutterflies.in is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use thebutterflies.in only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made there under, the contact details of the Grievance redressal person are provided below:
THE BUTTERFLIES – COIMBATORE
Ms Kalai Ramesh Address: 42, 43, DPF Street, PAPPANAICKENPALAYAM, COIMBATORE-641037. Phone: +91 9843322997
Email: email@example.com (Time: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 6.30 pm)
We respect the privacy of our customers completely. We use the information we collect to enhance your overall shopping experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.